Throughout my career as an artist, I’ve tried to make a 3D self-portrait about three times, and I always feel the progress in the result, however, this is the first time I think it looks good enough for sharing. I am a trial and error guy, so sometimes I repeat the same personal projects many many times until I get a nice product. This time this is looking much better, I should say.
1) Base sculpting in Sculptris.
2) Retopo in Blender.
3) High poly sculpting in Blender.
4) Hair setup in Blender.
5) Texturing and Materials with Photoshop and Blender.
6) Rendering with Blender and Cycles at 5000 samples.
7) Post-production in Photoshop and After Effects.
Final render :
Clay render :